Customer Insights Associate
We’re looking for a Customer Insights Associate to join our Customer Operations Department.
The customer team at M-KOPA is responsible for ensuring that M-KOPA delivers maximum value to its customers. As Customer Insights Associate, you will be responsible for executing a range of customer insights projects.
You will capture the voice of our customers and agents by unearthing customer issues and needs. Your insights will inform business improvement opportunities and innovation.
To achieve this, you’ll be expected to:
• Conduct research surveys via phone, SMS, or other platforms
• Facilitate focus groups and other field research with customers, agents, or prospective customers on key questions and drive insights on these questions
• Add clarity to problem statements and research questions and identify pain points by gathering customer and agent stories, feedback, and sentiments to help the business better understand and empathize with our customers
• Capture customer data and sentiments accurately and precisely, and communicate them clearly via various mediums, including survey tools, spreadsheets, word documents, PowerPoint, photos, and videos
• Support in the development of solutions for these pain points
• Support in the testing and release of new products, especially through observing our customers in the field
• Support field visit logistics for customer and agent shadowing activities
You Might Be a Good Fit If You:
• Are passionate about our mission of making everyday essentials accessible to everyone
• Are excited to be a champion for our customers in everything you do
• Have experience conducting quantitative or qualitative surveys or other roles that require frequent customer communication
• Have experience with photography, videography, or other mediums for capturing and telling customer stories
• Are excited to conduct field research and embed yourself in operational processes to drive problem identification and solution development
• Willing to work tirelessly to understand the root causes of problems and are more comfortable in the field than they are sitting at a desk
• Are comfortable with survey tools and spreadsheets
• Are a great listener and a clear and precise communicator
• Love fast-moving environments with a sense of urgency to get the job done
• Have emerging markets experience (particularly in East or West Africa)
• Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.