Regional Sales Manager
Sales & Business Development
Johannesburg, South Africa
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2023
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Our people reflect this mission; we pride ourselves in empowering our people to own their own careers, and encouraging growth through our learning and development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training. As a collective, we value diversity, knowing every journey brings its own reward, and support each employee as they travel theirs. This includes our family-friendly policies, commitment to employee mental and physical well-being, and flexible working practices. Our aim is for every employee to be able to shape their own career, whilst helping shape the future of M-KOPA as we grow together.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
As a Regional Sales Manager, you will lead M-KOPA's sales team and strategy. You will develop annual and quarterly sales planning, build a motivated operational and sales team, grow M-KOPA's sales channels, and be responsible for overall sales targets. This role will report into the Director of Marketing & Sales.
- Lead M-KOPA's strategic planning for sales operations and distribution including;
- Promote M-KOPA's sales strategy and direction in South Africa
- Lead sales forecasts, demand planning, and revenue across all channels
- Define operational plans for the sales team and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Secure the budgeting process tied to overall P&L targets.
- Lead M-KOPA's sales channel and retail management including.
- Lead sales development performance and intervention across all channels.
- Grow retail partnerships distribution and increase sales share of existing channels.
- Strengthen key account relationships at the management level with M-KOPA partners
- Track sell-outs across all channels in collaboration with M-KOPA's business intelligence and data teams.
- Lead M-KOPA's sales team management including;
- Manage M-KOPA's direct field force and promoters in indirect channels including recruitment, training performance management, and budgeting.
- Oversee the performance of M-KOPA field sales managers.
- Define goals across sales teams, developing operational reporting, and supporting target achievement.
- Structuring and implementing incentive and commission programs for agents and sales teams tied to our goals.
- Ensure all sales agents and managers are trained on M-KOPA sales methods and processes for customer onboarding and escalation.
- Lead M-KOPA's go-to work planning for sales including
- Implement route-to-market plans for all products across all sales channels and marketing segments.
- Ensure brand visibility across all channels, managing promotional activities.
- Execute merchandising, branding, and sales assets working in collaboration with M-KOPA's marketing teams.
- Promote M-KOPA's customer growth and retention including
- Define and monitor business milestones and activations plans based on agreed annual and quarterly targets.
- Align sales goals and processes to ensure customer credit performance repayment.
You Might Be A Good Fit If You Are…
- Eight (8+) years of experience in sales working in electronic device sales, FMCG, or financial services, with the capability for strategic decision-making and demonstrated business.
- Inspire teams to get them out of them and enjoy delighting customers within service delivery and execution.
- Experience building and managing a network of field teams and regional representative and support functions in a comparable industry
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.