Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
The Finance Manager will be responsible for accurately recording all financial records, ensuring compliance with company policies, and preparing monthly management accounts with detailed analysis.
The role also involves providing insightful financial analysis to guide strategic decisions, ensuring compliance with financial and tax regulations, leading a team of financial and administrative assistants, and developing day-to-day financial operations within the company.
Additionally, as the Finance Manager you will consult with the Group Finance on funding options and recommendations for cost-reducing solutions, participate in project analysis and ad-hoc requests, and validate plans.
- Accurate recording of all financial records and ensuring they are in line with company policies.
- Monthly general ledger reconciliation.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including detailed analysis of movements in key line items.
- Provide insightful commercial information and financial analysis to guide strategic and operational decisions across the company.
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial and tax regulations
- Lead a team of financial and administrative assistants and provide consistent feedback to improve performance.
- Consult Group finance about funding options and recommend cost-reducing solutions
- Participate in project analysis, validation of plans, and ad-hoc requests
- Develop, document, and implement day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, tax remittance, and other transactions).
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or any related field required
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in a finance role, including managing a team of financial analysts or associates.
- A proven track record of successfully leading the financial reporting for a business unit, company, or functional area
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on agreed timelines
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to coordinate across internal teams
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
See more open positions at M-KOPA
Something looks off?