Retail and Logistics Manager
Johannesburg, South Africa
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Our people reflect this mission; we pride ourselves in empowering our people to own their own careers, and encouraging growth through our learning and development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training. As a collective, we value diversity, knowing every journey brings its own reward, and support each employee as they travel theirs. This includes our family-friendly policies, commitment to employee mental and physical well-being, and flexible working practices. Our aim is for every employee to be able to shape their own career, whilst helping shape the future of M-KOPA as we grow together.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
You will provide leadership and support towards the delivery of the M-KOPA South Africa's operations.
This includes M-KOPA South Africa's
(i) retail footprint of service centers and stocking points,
(ii) warehouse and associated logistics services,
(iii) its on-the-ground operational activities.
You will lead multiple teams across multiple parts of the business. We are not looking for expert knowledge in any of the fields – rather, we are looking for an excellent operator with a track record in the execution of business activities.
You will be reporting to the Head of Retail
- Field Operations and Retail. Provide excellent customer service across M-KOPA's nationwide footprint of retail service centers and stocking depots.
- Supply Chain: Work with the central supply chain and procurement teams to plan secure required stock. Oversee teams responsible for device management to ensure all products ready-for-sale. Coordinate with M-KOPA's OEM device partners to improve performance of third-party phone servicing, and to set up the required reverse logistics.
- Logistics. Lead a warehouse team to provide excellent support to the business such that stocks are received, processed, and dispatched into the sales channel within agreed Service level agreements. Coordinate all forecasting with the sales team and manage all stock deliveries across M-KOPA's sales channels and direct field force.
- Marketing. Partner with the Director for Marketing and local marketing teams to ensure M-KOPA's brand is well represented within the retail channel, and all required marketing tools and collateral dispatched to the sales team.
- Over three (3) years of experience in a role with experience operational execution.
- People Leadership experience in a similar capacity.
- Previous experience managing teams with multiple goals.
- Fluent in English
- Faultless integrity and openness combined with a commitment to good governance.
- Bachelors' degree in any field but exceptions will be made for candidates who can show a track record in this area.
What's in it for you
- Great compensation package
- Annual Leave
- Learning & Development Support
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
See more open positions at M-KOPA
Something looks off?