Strategy and Operations, Manager
Johannesburg, South Africa
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
M-KOPA is looking for someone to take an important position within the South African Team. The Operations Manager (Commercial Projects) will be responsible for important strategic development, analytical and cross-department projects that help the expansion M-KOPA's connected asset financing platform. You should excel at solving strategic problems and supporting field operations.
We are looking for an experienced person to join our team in South Africa. As the Strategy & Operations Manager you will improve strategic, operational, and cross business projects that result in improved customer acquisition, retention, and credit performance. You will lead research and rapid analyses on M-KOPA's products, competitors, customers, and operations, while managing the in-country marketing department and driving campaigns aimed at improving consumer education, driving acquisitions, and increasing customer retention.
You're excited because you will
- You'll guide strategic, operational, and cross business projects that result in improved customer acquisition, retention, and credit performance.
- You will plan and lead the testing, piloting, and operational setup for product launches, at different levels of commercial scale.
- Support new channel development, including overseeing all end-to-end integrations, training, and service delivery required for launch.
- Coordinate with departmental heads to guide business change projects
- Lead research and rapid analyses on M-KOPA's products, competitors, customers, and operations.
- Manage the in-country marketing department and lead campaigns aimed at improving consumer education, driving acquisitions, and increasing customer retention.
- Manage relationships with important strategic partners.
We're excited about you because you have experience with
- At least 5 years of experience in project management, consulting, finance, or operational roles, ideally with multi-market experience.
- Bachelors' degree
- You'll have analytical and statistical skills.
- You'll work across geographies, cultures, functions and seniorities.
- Experienced with a high capacity to manage multiple complex; projects, operations, and people simultaneously while delivering high-quality outputs.
- Project management skills with demonstrated experience working with teams and participation in product development process.
- Excellence stakeholder management required.
- If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to make a positive impact in people's lives, then we want to hear from you. Apply now to join our team as Operations and Marketing Manager.
What's in it for you
- Great compensation package
- Annual Leave
- Learning & Development Support
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.