Senior Manager Strategy and Operations
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Our people reflect this mission; we pride ourselves in empowering our people to own their own careers, and encouraging growth through our learning and development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training. As a collective, we value diversity, knowing every journey brings its own reward, and support each employee as they travel theirs. This includes our family-friendly policies, commitment to employee mental and physical well-being, and flexible working practices. Our aim is for every employee to be able to shape their own career, whilst helping shape the future of M-KOPA as we grow together.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
The main purpose of the Senior Manager Market Development is to help expand M-KOPA's connected asset financing platform with analytical skills and the ability to manage our business development and cross-departmental projects.
You will report to General Manager, M-KOPA Nigeria.
- You will assist M-KOPA Nigeria's management team in identifying, analyzing, and implementing our highest commercial priorities.
- You will lead the testing, piloting, and operational setup for our product launches, including coordinating preparations across different operations.
- You will support new channel development, including overseeing all end-to-end integrations, training, and service delivery required for launch.
- You will lead business intelligence and data reporting to monitor our performance across and help develop practical action plans across important teams.
- You will coordinate with M-KOPA's group business intelligence and market development teams to improve the Nigerian market.
- You will lead research and rapid analyses on M-KOPA's products, customers, and operations, and upskill staff on how to use these methods to create business insights and inform important decision-making.
- You will improve strategic, operational, and projects that result in improved customer acquisition, retention, and credit performance.
- You will lead project management projects with M-KOPA's important strategic partners across multiple industries.
Requirements and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree, MSC in economics, business management or a related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in consulting, finance, or operational roles, with multi-market experience. Extra benefit if you worked in a related direct sale or FinTech business
- Preference for candidates with advanced analytical and statistical skills, including R, Python, SQL, Excel (can write advanced macros) and data visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau).
- You can work across geographies, cultures, functions, and seniorities.
- Experience and a high capacity in managing diverse projects and people simultaneously while delivering high-quality output.
Benefits, What's in it for you:
- Health Insurance
- Life and Personal Accident Insurance
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
See more open positions at M-KOPA
Something looks off?