Senior Analytics Platform Engineer (Remote)
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
As a Senior Analytics Platform Engineer, you will ensure that our data pipelines run predictably and reliably. This means that those pipelines need to be well engineered (infrastructure as code, observability), need to be built using resilient patterns, and need to be optimised for both read and write performance.
Secondly, you will ensure that our data warehouse is optimised for end-user reads - you’ll look at common query patterns and working with our Analytics Engineers to put in place architecture and performance tuning designed to improve a bunch of user-centric performance metrics.
You will be reporting to the Head of Analytics. #LIremote
YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS ROLE BECAUSE YOU WILL:
- You will have experience with different data pipeline strategies (e.g. some combination of traditional batch ETL, CDC, event-based).
- You would like to learn about new practices but also pragmatic about when to support existing approaches vs. when to evolve.
- You will shape the way we use technology and the outcomes by bringing DevOps mentality and best practices to the team.
- You will use your experience with, infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration, automated deployment, and first-class observability.
- Use your experience and ideas to help our team apply these patterns to data pipelines.
- Bring your expertise with Databases and/or Data Warehouses performance tuning experience to ensure our queries are performant.
- We want you to relish owning challenges, solving difficult problems and helping us prioritise changes that bring the best value.
WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- Experienced with architectural patterns and abstract capabilities.
- Advanced skills in SQL and Python and are demonstrating a high standard for code development within team.
- Advocate for DevOps Culture and CI / CD best practices.
- You can develop moderate to complex data science models and pipelines.
- You're using version control for collaborative development.
- You can produce data models and understand where to use different types of data models.
- You understand different tools and can compare between different data models.
BENEFITS, WHAT’S IN FOR YOU:
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, parental time off, eye care, and dental)
- Group Life Cover
- Remote working (dependent on the nature of the role)
- Airtime allowance (dependent on the nature of the role)
- WIFI payment up to 5 Mbps monthly (dependent on the nature of the role)
- 21 days per annum (excluding public holidays). Annual leave is accrued at the standard rate of 1.75 days per month
- Annual Learning and Development Fund - You have an annual $ 1,200 allowance to spend on learning and development (that is, between 1 January and 31 December). For your first year at M-KOPA, this allowance is pro-rated depending on the month that you start.
- Home Office Set Up - Having the best IT equipment tools in the world doesn't make sense if you do not have a proper setup to work with. For this reason, M-KOPA will pre-approve the following items for a total budget of $1000 that you can use at any time after signing the offer letter with M-KOPA
- On site retreats with wider tech team, plus trips to operational markets
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
See more open positions at M-KOPA
Something looks off?