Strategy and Operations Manager
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Our people reflect this mission; we pride ourselves in empowering our people to own their own careers, and encouraging growth through our learning and development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training. As a collective, we value diversity, knowing every journey brings its own reward, and support each employee as they travel theirs. This includes our family-friendly policies, commitment to employee mental and physical well-being, and flexible working practices. Our aim is for every employee to be able to shape their own career, whilst helping shape the future of M-KOPA as we grow together.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
M-KOPA is looking for someone to take an important position within the Ghana Management Team as the Strategy and Operations Manager. You will be to help expand M-KOPA's connected asset financing platform with analytical skills, strategic, and the ability to manage business development and cross-departmental projects.
You will be reporting to General Manager - Ghana
- You will assist M-KOPA Ghana's management team in identifying, analyzing, and building on our highest commercial priorities.
- You will lead the testing, piloting, and operational setup for product launches, including coordinating preparations across different departments.
- You will support new channel development, including overseeing all end-to-end integrations, training, and service delivery required for launch.
- You will manage the in-country marketing department and lead campaigns aimed at improving consumer education, driving acquisitions, and increasing customer retention.
- You will lead business intelligence and data reporting to monitor our performance across and help develop practical action plans across main departments.
- You will coordinate with M-KOPA's group business intelligence and market development teams to improve the Ghana market.
- You will lead research and rapid analyses on M-KOPA's products, competitors, customers, and operations, and upskill staff on how to use these methods to create business insights and inform important decision-making.
- You will drive strategic, operational, and cross-functional projects that result in improved customer acquisition, retention, and credit performance.
- Project management initiatives with M-KOPA's main strategic partners across multiple industries.
- You will coordinate with departmental heads to drive business improvements.
- You will manage relationships with key strategic partners.
- Data Visualization
- Advanced analytical and statistical skills
- Project Management
- Data Analysis
- Strategic Planning
- Microsoft Office tools
- Product Management
- Research and Analysis
- Credit Analysis
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in project management, consulting, finance, or operational roles, with multi-market experience. Extra benefit if you worked in a related direct sale or FinTech business
- Preference for candidates with advanced analytical and statistical skills, including R, Python, SQL, Excel (can perform complex functions) , and data visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau).
- Experience and a high capacity in managing multiple projects and people simultaneously while delivering high-quality output
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage your own time with changing priorities in an agile environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to go the extra mile to assist other team members.
At M-KOPA, we invest in you. \uD83D\uDE03
In addition to providing you with the tools you need to do your job well, we also have benefits to help you grow with the company and live a full life.
As employees are located in many different countries around the world, some benefits may not make sense in certain countries. In all cases, we do our best to provide equitable perks and benefits across the globe.
We also aim to remain people first in all our decisions and value feedback.
M-KOPA reserves the right to modify or end (with notice to employees) any benefit in its sole discretion at any time for any reason
We supply you with the tools you need like a laptop, and peripherals so that you can do your job well. These are taken care of as part of your onboarding and all of your equipment will be received before your first day of work.
Great compensation package
At M-KOPA, we ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with great benefits in all locations in which we operate. We foster an transparent environment at M-KOPA and are always open to conversations from our employees regarding compensation.
Annual Company Bonus
M-KOPA offers an annual company bonus pegged on company performance.
Annual Salary Increment
M-KOPA offers an annual salary increment pegged on company performance.
HEALTH BENEFITS AND OTHER INSURANCE
M-KOPA prioritizes your health and well-being, we will always meet statutory requirements in each country, and in locations where additional benefits are something we can provide, we'll always try.
Considering we are Global, we use different benefit providers to provide in-country support.
Ultimately, what we want to ensure is fair benefits across the globe, which includes not only what is the market practice or commonly expected by employees in that local country, but also additional benefits if that country or employers in that country are not known to provide benefits (for example, in third world countries).
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.