Senior Associate - Audit and Investigations
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Our people reflect this mission; we pride ourselves in empowering our people to own their own careers, and encouraging growth through our learning and development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training. As a collective, we value diversity, knowing every journey brings its own reward, and support each employee as they travel theirs. This includes our family-friendly policies, commitment to employee mental and physical well-being, and flexible working practices. Our aim is for every employee to be able to shape their own career, whilst helping shape the future of M-KOPA as we grow together.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
The Senior Associate - Audit and Investigations will join us in our Legal, Audit, Risk, and Compliance (LARC) team and will conduct internal investigations into alleged incidents of misconduct or violations of our procedures.
You will report to the Senior Internal Auditor.
- You will help us implement the internal audit plan by conducting audits of processes to ensure compliance with our procedures.
- You will conduct investigations of alleged misconduct or potential violations of our internal procedures.
- You will obtain and review documents, reports, and other relevant data to gather evidence for audits and investigations. This will involve interviewing witnesses or team members to gather audit evidence.
- You will analyze data, determine findings, and create recommendation actions.
- You will prepare detailed and accurate audit and investigation reports outlining recommendations.
- You will follow up with management on the implementation of corrective actions from the audit and investigation findings.
- You will perform any other responsibilities related to the job responsibility as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences/ Law/ Finance/Accounting or related fields from a recognized university.
- ACCA/CPA/CIA/CISA/certification or the equivalent qualification.
- Participation in investigation training courses.
- Minimum of 3 Years of experience conducting investigations and audits.
- Able to be keen, attentive and truthfulness.
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills, including interviewing/good skills in communication.
- Team player with good skills for interpersonal relations.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Suites, including Excel (can perform complex functions) use and analysis.
- Be able to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures and levels in a global organization.
- Confidential when handling sensitive information
- Knowledge of accounting systems.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Great compensation package
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, maternity, eye care, and dental)
- Group Life Cover
- 21 days per annum (excluding public holidays). Annual leave is accrued at the standard rate of 1.75 days per month
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.