Internal Auditor- West Africa
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Our people reflect this mission; we pride ourselves in empowering our people to own their own careers, and encouraging growth through our learning and development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training. As a collective, we value diversity, knowing every journey brings its own reward, and support each employee as they travel theirs. This includes our family-friendly policies, commitment to employee mental and physical well-being, and flexible working practices. Our aim is for every employee to be able to shape their own career, whilst helping shape the future of M-KOPA as we grow together.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
You will support the West African market in monitoring and improving our internal control environment by reviewing and assessing the important risks associated with all aspects of our processes and providing practical recommendations to reduce against the same.
You will report to the Senior Internal Auditor.
- You will support the planning, scoping, and execution of internal audits following the annual audit plan and risk assessment process.
- You will conduct interviews, document reviews and other procedures to gather information and assess the effectiveness of internal controls.
- You will prepare audit work papers and ensure that all recommendations are documented.
- You will gather audit evidence to support findings and suggestions for improvement.
- Prepare audit reports for presentation to management and the audit committee.
- You will determine internal audit scope for specified assignments.
- You will issue reports on findings of audits that highlight issues and potential impacts on business.
- You will conduct audit assignments for other regions whenever required to.
- You will provide administrative support to Audit Department.
- You will perform any other responsibilities related to the job responsibility as may be assigned.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of 4 Years working experience in an audit firm.
- Experience in the West Africa region.
- Bachelor's degree in finance/Accounting or related fields from a recognized university.
- ACCA/CPA/CIA/CISA certification or the equivalent qualification.
- Member of a professional body in audit or related fields.
- You should exhibit integrity, and truthfulness.
- Excellent report writing.
- You are a team player.
- Advanced level of Excel (can perform complex functions) use and analysis.
- Knowledge of accounting systems.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
Benefits, What's in it for you:
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, maternity, eye care, dental and gym facilities)
- Group Life Cover and Personal Accident Cover
- Company pension (A mandatory basic national social security scheme)
- Airtime and Data allowance (dependent on the nature of the role)
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
See more open positions at M-KOPA
Something looks off?