Sales Executive - Soshanguve
Sales & Business Development
Soshanguve, South Africa
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Our people reflect this mission; we pride ourselves in empowering our people to own their own careers, and encouraging growth through our learning and development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training. As a collective, we value diversity, knowing every journey brings its own reward, and support each employee as they travel theirs. This includes our family-friendly policies, commitment to employee mental and physical well-being, and flexible working practices. Our aim is for every employee to be able to shape their own career, whilst helping shape the future of M-KOPA as we grow together.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
The purpose of the job is to recruit, train, coach and manage a team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) to meet sales targets of M-KOPA products.
The role will involve detailed advanced planning to generate local network to enable you to deliver current and future sales. The majority of the time will be coaching and working with DSRs in the field combined with strengthening local networks of customers, while fostering team spirit amongst DSRs. You will also assist with the resolution of customer needs as they arise.
This will be a demanding, yet personally satisfying role as you develop junior members of the team and sell a product that is upgrading people's lives.
- Achieve and surpass sales targets of M-KOPA products.
- Recruit, train, coach, mentor and supervise field based team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) to meet the set targets in line with M-KOPA business goals.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance Direct Sales Representatives to meet the performance standards.
- Manage DSR inventory and resolve audit recommendations in line with M-KOPA audit resolution guidelines.
- Develop local network to assist in growing sales volume.
- Prepare and submit weekly activity plans and reports to Regional Sales Manager.
- Sales Management: Ability to effectively manage a team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) and guide them toward meeting sales targets.
- Team Leadership: Strong leadership skills to inspire and motivate the DSR team, fostering a positive team spirit and achieving collective goals.
- Coaching and Training: Experience in coaching and training sales teams to improve their performance and enhance their selling skills.
- Customer Service: Ability to address and resolve customer needs in a timely and satisfactory manner, ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Networking: Proficiency in building and maintaining local networks to expand sales opportunities and increase sales volume.
- Planning and Organization: Advanced planning skills to create strategies and set clear objectives for the DSR team, as well as the effective organization of activities and resources.
- Performance Evaluation: Competence in monitoring and evaluating the performance of DSRs against set standards and implementing appropriate measures to improve performance.
- Inventory Management: Knowledge of inventory management practices to effectively manage DSR inventory and resolve audit recommendations following company guidelines.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to prepare and submit weekly activity plans and reports to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Previous experience in sales management, preferably in a field-based role, is essential.
- Demonstrated success in achieving and surpassing sales targets.
- Experience in recruiting, managing, and coaching a team of sales representatives.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining customer networks.
- Diploma and/or Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field is preferred
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
See more open positions at M-KOPA
Something looks off?