Sales Executive - Soweto
Sales & Business Development
Soweto, South Africa
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
Recognized twice by the Financial Times as one Africa's fastest growing company (2022 and 2023) and by TIME100 Most influential companies in the world 2023 , we've served over 3 million customers, unlocking $1 billion in cumulative credit for the unbanked across Africa. At M-KOPA, we empower our people to own their careers through diverse development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training. We support individual journeys with family-friendly policies, prioritize well-being, and embrace flexibility. Join us in shaping the future of M-KOPA as we grow together. Explore more at m-kopa.com.
The purpose of the job is to recruit manage a team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) to meet sales targets of M-KOPA products.
Your role will involve detailed advanced planning to create local network to allow you to deliver our sales. The majority of the time will coach and work with DSRs in the field combined with strengthening local networks of customers, while encouraging team spirit amongst DSRs. You will also help resolve customer needs as they arise.
This will be a demanding, yet personally satisfying role as you develop junior members of the team and sell a product that is upgrading people's lives.
You will report to the Regional Sales Manager
- Achieve and surpass sales targets of M-KOPA products.
- Recruit manage, and coach a field-based team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) to meet the set targets following our business goals.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of Direct Sales Representatives to meet the performance standards.
- Manage DSR inventory and resolve audit recommendations following M-KOPA audit resolution guidelines.
- Develop a local network to help grow sales volume.
- Prepare and submit weekly activity plans and reports to Regional Sales Manager.
- Sales Management: Ability to manage a team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) and guide them towards meeting sales targets.
- Team Leadership: Inspire and motivate the DSR team, fostering a positive team spirit and achieving collective goals.
- Coaching: Experience in coaching sales teams to improve their performance and enhance their selling skills.
- Customer Service: Ability to address and resolve customer needs, ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Networking: Proficiency in building local networks to expand sales opportunities and increase sales volume.
- Plan and Organization: Advanced skills to create strategies and set clear objectives for the DSR team, and of activities and resources.
- Performance Evaluation: Competence in monitoring the performance of DSRs against set standards and implementing appropriate measures to improve performance.
- Inventory Management: Knowledge of inventory management practices to manage DSR inventory and resolve audit recommendations following company guidelines.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to prepare and submit weekly activity plans and reports to the Regional Sales Manager.
Experience and Required Skills
- Diploma and/or Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field.
- 2+ year's management experience in a related sales field, e.g. Microfinance or other financial services, mobile money, FMCG, or other product/service.
- You have previous experience with the recruitment and management of commission sales agents.
- You have excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- You motivate and lead a team to hit direct sales.
- You are willing to work in rural areas.
- You are fluent in local languages
What's in it for you
- Great compensation package
- Annual Leave
- Learning & Development Support
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.