Sales Executive - Thembisa
Sales & Business Development
Tembisa, South Africa
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Our people reflect this mission; we pride ourselves in empowering our people to own their own careers, and encouraging growth through our learning and development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training. As a collective, we value diversity, knowing every journey brings its own reward, and support each employee as they travel theirs. This includes our family-friendly policies, commitment to employee mental and physical well-being, and flexible working practices. Our aim is for every employee to be able to shape their own career, whilst helping shape the future of M-KOPA as we grow together.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
Your role will be to recruit, train, coach, and manage a team of up to 15 Direct Sales Representatives to meet sales targets of M-KOPA products.
The role will involve detailed advanced planning to generate local networks to enable you to deliver current and future sales. The majority of your time will be coaching and working with the DSRs in the field combined with strengthening local networks of customers, while fostering team spirit amongst the DSRs. You will also assist with the resolution of customer needs as they arise.
This will be a demanding, yet personally satisfying role as you develop junior members of your team and sell a product that is upgrading people's lives. You will report to the Field Sales Manager. This is a #LI-Onsite" role in Thembisa.
- Achieve and surpass sales targets of M-KOPA products.
- Recruit, train, coach, mentor, and supervise a field-based team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) to meet the set targets in line with M-KOPA business goals.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of Direct Sales Representatives to meet the performance standards.
- Manage DSR inventory and resolve audit recommendations in line with M-KOPA audit resolution guidelines.
- Develop a local network to assist in growing sales volume.
- Prepare and submit weekly activity plans and reports to Regional Sales Manager.
- Sales Management: Ability to effectively manage a team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) and guide them towards meeting sales targets.
- Team Leadership: Strong leadership skills to inspire and motivate the DSR team, fostering a positive team spirit and achieving collective goals.
- Coaching and Training: Experience in coaching and training sales teams to improve their performance and enhance their selling skills.
- Customer Service: Ability to address and resolve customer needs in a timely and satisfactory manner, ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Networking: Proficiency in building and maintaining local networks to expand sales opportunities and increase sales volume.
- Planning and Organization: Advanced planning skills to create strategies and set clear objectives for the DSR team, as well as effective organization of activities and resources.
- Performance Evaluation: Competence in monitoring and evaluating the performance of DSRs against set standards and implementing appropriate measures to improve performance.
- Inventory Management: Knowledge of inventory management practices to effectively manage DSR inventory and resolve audit recommendations following company guidelines.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to prepare and submit weekly activity plans and reports to the Regional Sales Manager.
Experience and Required Skills
- The ideal candidate should hold a Diploma or Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field.
- 2+ year's management experience in a related sales field, e.g. Microfinance or other financial services, mobile money, FMCG, or other product/service.
- You have previous experience with the recruitment and management of commission sales agents.
- You have excellent sales and negotiation skills. You motivate and lead a team to hit direct sales.
- You are willing to work in rural areas.
- You are fluent in local languages
What's in it for you
- Great compensation package
- Annual Leave
- Learning & Development Support
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.