Commercial Sales Analyst
IT, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Our people reflect this mission; we pride ourselves in empowering our people to own their own careers, and encouraging growth through our learning and development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training. As a collective, we value diversity, knowing every journey brings its own reward, and support each employee as they travel theirs. This includes our family-friendly policies, commitment to employee mental and physical well-being, and flexible working practices. Our aim is for every employee to be able to shape their own career, whilst helping shape the future of M-KOPA as we grow together.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
We are looking for a well-qualified individual to join our team as a Commercial Sales Analyst.
As an Analyst, you will help support our sales team by providing accurate reports on time, assisting with commission payments, and conducting analytical work to increase sales effectiveness.
You will be reporting to the Business Intelligence Lead
- Report Generation: You will prepare and distribute regular reports to the sales team, providing them with valuable insights into sales performance, market trends, and important metrics. Use Analytics tools and Excel (which can perform complex functions) to analyze data to create comprehensive reports.
- Commission Management: You will collaborate with the finance team to ensure accurate payment of commissions to our Salesforce in time. Verify commission calculations, reconcile data, and address any discrepancies.
- Sales Support: You will assist the sales team, sales leadership, and the Commercial HRBP by providing analytical support, including forecasting and performance management.
- Data Analysis: You will conduct an in-depth analysis of sales data to identify trends, patterns, and areas of growth or improvement. Use statistical methods and modeling techniques to provide insights to the sales team and management.
- Process Improvement: You will continuously evaluate and improve existing sales processes, methodologies, and reporting tools. Improve workflows and implement automation solutions where applicable to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Have 2+ years' experience working in technical data analytics, with excellent skills in advanced analytical and statistical data
- Programming skills, including R, Python, DAX, and data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau) are advantageous but not a must
- Proficiency in SQL and Excel: Have knowledge of Analytics tools for data extraction and analysis. Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables, formulas, and data visualization.
- Have excellent skills in communication and the ability to work with executives across cross-functions and geographies.
- Have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work on multiple assignments to deliver high-quality outputs.
- Team Player: Have a collaborative mindset to work in a team environment and build relationships with partners.
- Time Management: Have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively to meet deadlines.
- You should ensure error-free, high-quality analysis, and data reporting.
- Great Compensation Package
- Private health insurance
- Group Life Cover
- MIFI monthly payment (20GB- Airtel or 30GB -MTN)
- 21 days per annum (excluding public holidays). Annual leave is accrued at the standard rate of 1.75 days per month
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.